Kirk Mc Farlin Collection
Scope and Content
The collection arrived in good condition and was initially processed with only a container list as description. Due to a change of the content management system, further description proved to be necessary.
- Creation: 1961 - 1975
- Creation: Majority of material found within 1961 - 1975
- Mc Farlin, Kirk, Mr. (Collector, Person)
Language of Materials
Collection is in English.
Materials in this collection are open for research.
Literary Rights Statement
Permission to publish material from this collection in any form, current or future, must be obtained from the Special Collections and Archives Division, Eugene McDermott Library, The University of Texas at Dallas.
Kirk Mc Farlin was a first officer for Air America stationed in Vientiane, Thailand from February 8, 1967 through May 18, 1972, when he separated from the company.
- "Jerry Fink Collection," Air America Roster, History of Aviation Archives, Special Collections and Archives Division, Eugene McDermott Library, The University of Texas at Dallas.
1.2 Linear Feet ((Three manuscript boxes).)
Kirk Mc Farlin was a pilot and employee of Air America.
This collection contains documents, manuals, procedures, and other information on operating the various aircraft used by Air America.
- Aeronautical charts
- Air America
- Air pilots
- Air pilots--Training of--Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Air pilots--Training of--United States.
- Air pilots--Training.
- Air pilots--United States.
- Airplanes--Turbine-propeller engines
- Beechcraft (Airplanes)
- CAT/Air America Archives
- Caribou (Transport plane)
- Helio Courier aircraft
- Pilatus Flugzeugwerke (Stans, Switzerland)
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 Aerial operations, American.
- de Havilland aircraft
- Guide to the Kirk Mc Farlin Collection
- Thomas Allen, PhD, CA
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- English (eng)
- Edition statement
- First revision by Thomas Allen, PhD, CA. 2018-06-01. Second revision by Patrizia Nava, CA. 2021-01-05.
- 2018-06-01: 1st revision was a migration to ArchivesSpace by Thomas Allen, PhD, CA.
- 2021-01-05: 2nd revision was a correction of the spelling of the name and an update of the biographical sketch by Patrizia Nava, CA.
Part of the Special Collections and Archives Division, History of Aviation Archives. Repository
3020 Waterview Pkwy
Richardson Texas 75080 US