James Keck Collection
Scope and Content
The collection arrived in fair condition and was initially processed with only a container list as description. Due to a change of the content management system, further description proved to be necessary.
Folder 1 contains a 20x40" color propaganda poster reading: "Heighten our Viligance, Defend the Motherland! Be Ready at All Times to Destroy the Enemy Intruders!" The poster is in Chinese, English, French, and German.
Folder 2 contains a 20x40" color propaganda poster reading: "We Are Determined to Liberate Taiwain!" The poster is in Chinese, English, French, and German.
Item 3 is a VHS tape Tibetan Boos and Celestial Navigation
Item 4 is the unpublished manuscript "Secreat Flights to Tibet. CAT-Air America Flying in Support of Tibetans Fighting Chinese Invasion of Tibet," by James Keck, 2001.
- 1950 - 2001
- Majority of material found within 1950 - 1970
Language of Materials
Literary Rights Statement
- James Keck, "Secret Flights to Tibet", unpublished manuscript, History of Aviation Archives, Special Collections and Archives Division, Eugene McDermott Library, The University of Texas at Dallas.
1.7 Linear Feet (One non-standard box (20.75x16.5x1.5).)
Note to the Researcher
The VHS tape was originally separated from the collection and housed with the CAT/Air America Video Collection. It was removed from there and incorporated into its original collection.
The unpublished book was catalogued and is available throught the HAC Stacks. Call number TL540.K41 A3 2001.
- Air America
- Air pilots
- Air pilots Biography.
- Air pilots United States
- Airlift, Military--United States.
- CAT/Air America Archives
- Chiang, Kai-shek, 1887-1975
- Civil Air Transport
- Military assistance, American Vietnam
- Propaganda posters
- Sino-Japanese War, 1937-1945
- Tibet Autonomous Region (China)
- United States. Air Force
- United States. Central Intelligence Agency
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 Aerial operations, American.
- World War, 1939-1945
- World War, 1939-1945 Aerial operations, American.
- Guide to the James Keck Collection
- Nava, Patrizia, 1960-
- Description rules
- Language of description
- English (eng)
- Edition statement
- First revision by Patrizia Nava, CA. 2018-12-03.
Part of the Special Collections and Archives Division, History of Aviation Archives. Repository
3020 Waterview Pkwy
Richardson Texas 75080 US