Showing Collections: 331 - 350 of 350
Grant Walters Collection
Grant Walters was responsible for training pilots and mechanics in ground school on Pilatus Porter and Garrett AiResearch engines for Air America.
Jesse B. Walton Collection
Jesse Birdus Walton was hired by Air America, Inc. on May 16, 1957 as Captain for fixed wing aircraft and was stationed in Saigon, Vietnam until he retired from the company on September 22, 1974.
Harry Weddington Collection
Harry Weddington was an early aviator and flight instructor.
Joseph A. Weisberg Papers
Dr. Charles L. Weldon, M.D. Papers
The collection contains correspondence, reports, maps, and drafts for a book, photographs, articles, and newsletters primarily pertaining to Laos.
Donald D. Wharton Collection
This collection contains pilot licenses, log books, navigational calculators, checklists for C-130s and C-123s, compensation and rules of employment, foreign currency, photographs, correspondence and newspaper clippings.
Helen L. Wight Collection
This collection contains lesson plans, survival information, evasion and travel lessons, aircraft dispatcher test guide, photographs and slides.
George H. Williams, Jr. Collection
Marvin V. Wingrove Collection
Marvin Virgil "Windy" Wingrove was hired by Air America Inc. on June 15, 1966 as First Officer for rotor wing aircraft at Udorn, Thailand until he was terminated on June 15, 1974.
William A. Winston Collection
Collection contains photographs of early Pan Am aircraft, passengers, stations, and other related subjects, from early 1920's to 1940's, books, microfilm, books, flight logs, clippings, and a leather helmet.
John C. Wiren Papers
Collection contains correspondence, Air Facilities Data-Thailand, personal documents, maps, clippings, photographs and slides.
David A. Witts Collection
The collection contains 13th Air Force history, including a summary of 2nd Emergency Rescue Squadron, correspondence, and a lithograph "Moonlighting" P-38 strafing mission in 1945 New Guinea signed by survivors.
The University of Texas at Dallas Women's Club Collection
The University of Texas at Dallas Women's Club provided social and support functions for female staff and faculty as well as female relations of male employees (spouses, daughters, etc...). The Club held tea parties and luncheons, welcomed new families to Texas, performed charitable works, and presented lectures and programs of community interest. The club was active from 1965 to 1979.
The University of Texas at Dallas Women's Studies Archive Collection
In 1977, The University of Texas at Dallas established an ad hoc committee to consider the establishment of a Women's Studies Historical Archive in The Eugene McDermott Library. In 1978 the committee advanced a prospectus describing the potential archive. Books and materials were ordered to support the initial steps of the creating the collection, but the archive was never formally established.
Catherine Fay Wood Collection
Catherine Fay Wood was a Civilian Employee in the Operations Section of the Air Transport Command.
Wineburgh Philatelic Research Library Collection
The Wineburgh Philatelic Research Library (WPRL) at the Special Collections Department, Eugene McDermott Library, The University of Texas at Dallas supports the education and edification of students, hobbyists, and philatelists from around the world, by making philatelic literature, displays, and exhibits available. It also maintains an up-to-date collection of books, journals, and catalogues and provides facilities for philatelic meetings and seminars.
H. Hugh Wynne Collection
H. Hugh Wynne collected about 22,500 ft. of rare and unique World War I 16mm movie films over a period of fifty years.
William J. Yarber Papers
The material in the William J. Yarber Papers relates to the career of Arthur L. Fornoff. Materials in this collection are manuals, sales brochures, reports, proposals, and promotional publications related to the Bell Helicopter Corporation.
Al Zakrzewski Collection
Arthur J. Zarkos Collection
Contains correspondence, employment records, resume, resignation papers, maps, reports, logs, artifacts, and ephemera.
- Special Collections and Archives Division, History of Aviation Archives. 295
- Special Collections and Archives Division, The University Archives. 53
- Special Collections and Archives Division, Wineburgh Philatelic Research Library. 2
- History of Aviation Archives 160
- Air pilots 109
- Air pilots--United States. 105
- CAT/Air America Archives 89
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 82
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 Aerial operations, American. 76
- World War, 1939-1945 69
- Air America 68
- World War, 1939-1945 Aerial operations, American. 61
- Aeronautics, Commercial 59
- World War, 1914-1918 55
- Air pilots--Training of--Handbooks, manuals, etc. 54
- Air pilots--Training of--United States. 44
- United States. Air Force 42
- Aeronautical charts 41
- University of Texas at Dallas 41
- Laos 40
- Air pilots--Training. 39
- World War, 1914-1918 Aerial operations 39
- Aircraft accidents 37 + ∧ less
- Japanese 1
- Rice, Ed, Mr. (George Edward), 1912-1993 4
- Glines, Carroll V., Mr., Jr. (Carroll Vane), 1920-2016 (C. V.) 3
- Adams, Clara, Mrs., 1884-1971 2
- Adams, Ed G., Mr. (Edward G.) 2
- Air America 2
- Alexander, Louis, Mr. 2
- Carlson, Erik D., Mr., PhD 2
- Civil Air Transport 2
- Graves, Frank N., Mr., 1912- (Col.) 2
- Hacker, Sue B., Mrs. (Susan B.) (1917-2008) 2
- Hazen, Joe, Mr. (Joseph William), 1934-2020 2
- Hodge, Chuck, Mr. 2
- Kippen, James S., Mr., 1948-2011 2
- Krieger, Marvin A., Mr., 1914-2013 2
- Larson, Ken W., Mr. (Kenneth W.) 2
- Luckadoo, John, Mr., 1922- 2
- Maier, Lothar, Mr., 1932-2011 (Lothar Thomas (Nick) Maj. USAF (Ret.)) 2
- Mooney, Al, Mr. (Albert W.) (1906-1986) 2
- Munsell, Elmer, Mr. (Elmer Lonzo), 1930-1994 2
- Pierce, Harry D., Mr. (Harry Dunham) 2 + ∧ less